More carpet cleaning information
- Vacuum heavy traffic areas 2–3 times a week, and the rest of your carpet once a week
- Use indoor and outdoor mats at each entrance to reduce the amount of dirt tracked into your home. Be sure to clean these periodically to ensure their utmost effectiveness
- Keep a bottle of Indy Capret Cleaning on hand so you can treat spots and spills immediately, preventing today’s accidents from becoming tomorrow’s stains
TOP 10 CLEANING TIPS
- Vacuum heavy traffic areas 2–3 times a week, and the rest of your carpet once a week.
- Use both indoor and outdoor mats at each entrance to reduce the amount of dirt tracked into your home.
- In a pinch, make your own spot remover by mixing 1/4-teaspoon liquid detergent (without bleach) and 1 cup cold water.
- Over time, the protection on stain-resistant arpet wears down. For optimum performance, have a protector regularly applied after cleaning.
- Stain-resistant does not mean stain-proof. Be sure to act immediately to prevent spots and spills from causing permanent damage.
- Before using any spot removing product, test for colorfastness in an inconspicuous area.
- Test area rugs for colorfastness before placing over carpet since some rugs may tend to bleed.
- Vacuum under area rugs periodically to remove loose dirt that may have filtered through the rugs to your carpet.
- To avoid color transfer between furniture and flooring after a professional cleaning, leave the protective blocks in place until the carpet is completely dry (about two days).
- Your furniture collects everyday dirt and soil just like your carpet. For convenience, have both professionally cleaned at the same time.
SPOT REMOVAL (link to spot tips page)