Regardless of how dirty your carpets have become, we’re here to help in any way we can. Because our team is interested in making your life easier this New Year, we have prepared a few tips for removing common carpet stains:
1) Food spills: For small spills, you can use baby wipes to wipe and clean the area. For strong stains like ketchup and chocolate, dip a cloth in white vinegar and apply it onto the stained spot. Repeat it several times till the stain disappears. Another alternative is to use ammonia solution before applying white vinegar. But make sure to test ammonia in a small portion before the actual application
2) Drinks: There is nothing like spoiling your precious carpet with spills of drinks like soft drink and wine. If this happens blot the area with a tissue or a dry cloth to absorb the moisture. Once done, you can gently clean the area with warm water and dishwasher liquid. Another method is to mix 2 cups of water to 1 cup of white vinegar and rub the solution onto the stained area using a cloth. If the stain still persists mix 1 cup of water and 1 tbsp of ammonia and apply it onto the stained area. Once the stain is completely removed, wash the area with cold water and blot it dry. For tea and coffee stain, rub few drops of beer onto the carpet. Repeat if required.
3) Wax and gum: Removing wax and gum from a carpet without damaging the fiber is a tricky affair. For this, freeze the wax or gum using ice. Once frozen carefully pull it out from the fiber using a blunt object like a spoon. If there is any water residue, blot the carpet with a towel. Vacuum the carpet thoroughly.
4) Oil: To remove oil spill on the carpet, place a paper towel over the spill and iron the towel in a warm setting. The oil will stick onto the towel which can then be wiped and cleaned. For strong spills, sprinkle baking soda and cornstarch over the spill. Rub the area with a cloth so that the powder penetrates deep into the carpet. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Vacuum the area thoroughly and wash with a dishwashing detergent.
5) Bad odor: To remove bad odor from carpet sprinkle baking soda abundantly onto the carpet. Let it stay for a longer time preferably overnight. Vacuum the carpet thoroughly to remove the powder. Baking soda has the power to absorb odor without leaving any odor of its own. Another method is to use a mixture of baking soda, vinegar and water and spray onto the carpet. Let it dry naturally or vacuum using a wet-dry vacuum.