https://indycarpetcleaning.com/carpet-cleaning-indianapolis/Summer is a busy time of year for most families. During the warmer months, we are more likely to invite guests to our home, attend cookouts and outdoor family gatherings. Our children and pets also spend more time outdoors enjoying the weather. With all the activity going on, we typically see more foot traffic on the carpet. Here are just a few basic tips to keep your carpets clean this Summer.
- Shoe-Free Zone- If your children are home for the summer, this can also mean a greater amount of foot traffic in your home. To reduce the amount of dirt on your carpet, make your home a shoe-free zone. Place a shoe rack at entryways where everyone can leave their outdoor shoes.
- Use Doormats- Using doormats at entryways is a great way to create a barrier between the outdoors and your carpet. Look for a doormat made of materials meant to remove dirt, mud and moisture.
- Invest In Area Rugs- Even if outdoor shoes aren’t worn in your home, areas of your carpet that experience high amounts of foot traffic can be protected with rugs.
- Stick to a Vacuuming Schedule- If your carpet will be getting more foot traffic than usual, stick to a vacuum schedule. Vacuuming regularly helps remove dirt and other debris on the surface. Make sure to vacuum at least once per week or more often if you have children or pets in the home.
- Get Your Carpet Professionally Cleaned- A professional carpet cleaning service will reduce pollen, pet dander and other contaminants which contribute to allergies. Having your carpets professionally cleaned will also extend the life of your carpet. Don’t forget to ask your carpet cleaner about Carpet Protection to protect your carpets fibers against spills, making it easier to maintain in the long run.
Consider these tips to maintain healthy carpets this Summer and have your carpets professionally cleaned before your next family get together! You, your pets and your family deserve a clean environment to enjoy all summer long!