Aside from carpet cleaning, a new paint job is one of the most inexpensive and time-effective ways to give any home a crisper and newer look. And, remember all those little projects on the back burner? In the summer months when the weather is nicer and schedules tend to slow down is the best time to tackle those DIY projects. Don’t worry about the clean up because we’ve got you covered! Yes, even paint stains can be removed. Today we would like to give a couple basic steps and tips on how to easily remove latex paint from your carpets surface.
Step 1: Contain the spill:
- Place paper towels around the paint to keep it from spreading.
- Use dry paper towels to blot the spilled paint. Do not rub; only blot. Get up as much of the paint as you can with this method, without spreading it.
Step 2: Mix one teaspoon of a neutral detergent with 240ml of tepid water.
- The neutral detergent must be mild and free of all alkalies or bleaches.
- Blot gently on the paint stain.
- Sponge with clean water. Blot.
- Repeat as often as needed to remove the stain
Note: If you do not know which type of paint is on your carpet, treat it as latex paint first before moving on to more aggressive methods which would be used for other types of paint such as oil based paints. If you have any difficulty removing the stain, feel free to call our trusty professionals at Indy Carpet Cleaning. We’ve got the equipment needed to satisfy your carpet cleaning needs at affordable prices.