After the holiday parties are over and the decorations are put away, your home may need a little cleaning and decluttering. We’re here to help you start the new year off right with a clean home, so we’ve put together a list of things you should tackle for the New Year.
- Declutter your most used space– To kick off your year clutter-free, pick the most used area of your home to tackle first. If there’s items lying around that are rarely used, put them away or consider donating items that haven’t been used in over a year.
- Give every new item a home– You may have received a few christmas gifts that are still sitting on the counter through the New Year. This creates unnecessary clutter. As soon as you bring a new item into your home, put it away in a proper and permanent place.
- Deep clean your fridge– After the holidays, you may have a fridge full of leftovers. Toss them after a couple days, wipe down shelves and clean the outside of your fridge, including the handle.
- Clean your carpet– Carpet can trap and hold dust, dirt, dander, allergens and bacteria so it’s very important to have your carpets cleaned at the start of each year, if possible. You’ll want to have a professional perform this service if it’s been a year or longer since your carpets have been cleaned.
- Spend 5 minutes tidying up every night– Before you get ready for bed, set a timer and see what you can accomplish in 5 minutes. Do the important things, like taking out trash, wiping down counters and putting things away in their proper place.
We hope you’ll consider adding these home cleaning and decluttering suggestions to your to-do list this New Year, so you can start off the New Year fresh and clean! Happy New Year!